Friday, February 5, 2010

It really IS a wonderful life, Clarence!!

So, my job sucks. Just thought I would start off with that good news. Why does my job suck? I just don't like it. Whoa? Who said anything about "liking your job"? I know, it could be worse... I could be back in Now Zad (although I really enjoyed my visit), the point is I need to suck it up. So to get away from work, I went for a run. I thought I would clear my head as I try to get ready for the LSUX I mean LSAT (which is tomorrow). So I grab my 30 pound pack (I added more weight from my last run) and took to the streets. Why is it though that it always seems to pour buckets of water from the sky when I run with my pack? So I started off on my run (without Capt Cue-Ball, who is in Vegas) and it wasn't raining, just a nice Florida afternoon. Clouds; yes, but nothing ridiculous. Windy; yes but wind doesn't always mean rain.


Anyways... 100 meters into the run it starts sprinkling. Then with each step it progressively rains harder and harder. No big deal, i can do wet, but can my iPod?? Hmmm, I wonder. I guess we will just have to see, so I keep running. I ran for 30 mins and I would like to say I did 4 miles, but the truth is it was probably only 3. I could REALLY feel the added weight on my legs and about 2/3 into the run I hit a wall and my legs decided they were not having fun anymore. Whoa? Who said anything about "fun"? This is about working out, not about fun. Just kidding, I love the misery. I love the pain.

So as I am pushing my way through the lead legs, pouring rain, a pack that keeps rubbing my back raw and it hurting my shoulders... I realize just how wonderful life is. Gee Clarence, Bedford Falls really is super! I know a bit sappy, but it is true. I just kept thinking how lucky an individual I am. I have a great family, a great job (well a job, anyways), I’m in great health... what more could a man ask for.


Please turn on your speakers and click here

And yes, Clarence just got his wings...


3 comments:

Marmie/Mimi said...

YES IT IS!!!!! And you are, too!!! I could not be any more blessed if I tried....my life is truly wonderful because my children have made wonderful choices and God seems to have looked down on me and blessed me. Some can only find the "half empty" glass, but how much more "fun" to find the "half full" glass. I love you....Marmie

Goes On Runs said...

blessed true.... sucky run....also true.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you today! Love you! Mom M