Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some more favorite bands of mine

So the February Artist of the Month was going to be an easy call, that is until I hung out with my brother in law for a few hours in a car. He also has a good, eclectic taste in music. But as much as I like his recommended band they will only receive the 1st Runner Up award.

This month's big winner is: Josh Radin
Not really a "new" artist, but he's got some new songs out (new to me anyways) and a few of them are good duets. Check out: Will's Lullaby (Everything's gonna be alright), You've got growing up to do (feat Patty Griffin), You got what I need.

1st Runner Up: Mumford and Sons
Ok, so a newer band to hit the radio scene than Josh Radin, but they are pretty awesome. An Irish-Blue Grass Band. An actual stand up bass, a banjo, a guitar and a key board make up the quartette. Songs to check out: Little Lion Man, Cave, White Blank Page, and Sigh no More. And those are in order starting with my most favorite.

I did want to mention that last month's band has another awesome song I needed to mention: Parrot and Lily. The song isn't as Chill as their others. This song kind of rocks. Very cool.

Also since I am doing 1st Runner Up awards, I figured I would give last month a 1st Runner Up since Jan was a very tight race. So last month's first runner up is: The Beautiful Girls. Note: there are no actual girls in the band. Just dudes and I wouldn't call any of them "pretty". Regardless, songs to check out: La Mar and A Million Miles. Good chill songs to listen to while working or sitting on the beach.

Anyways, I started working out consistently a couple of weeks ago. It has been going pretty well. Not like it used to be, but getting back in shape has been difficult. It feels good to get back out and be healthy.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Goes On Runs said...

how did i not comment.
mumford in my #1 right now.
(my go to pandora station followed by amos lee)
josh radin is a running favorite for sure!!!
i dont' know parrot & lily.

but sun kil moon used to be red house painters.... but you probably already knew that.