Sunday, January 23, 2011

January's featured band...

Sorry this took a while. I was having trouble narrowing my favorite artist of the month down to just one.

This month's favorite band/artist is: Sun Kil Moon

From Wikipedia:
"Sun Kil Moon is a music project of singer-songwriter Mark Kozelek, best known for his previous band Red House Painters. Sun Kil Moon sees Kozelek undertake the writing, composing, singing and guitar playing, accompanied by Tim Mooney and Anthony Koutsos on drums, and Geoff Stanfield on bass."

Sun Kil Moon is a very chill, relaxed sounding group of actual artist that actually play their instruments, not just a few chords repeated for 4 mins over and over again. I really appreciate bands that really play instruments beyond most "pop" music. Just my thoughts...

Songs to check out:
Alesund
Heron Blue
Glenn Tipton
Grey Ice Water

Other's are great too, but I wanted to throw a few out.

Peace Out.
ARSM

No comments: