Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The road goes on forever...

I am already tired of running. Running while deployed and on a ship was easier. Everyday was so mundane that even logging hundreds of miles on a treadmill staring at the wall was exciting. Now that I am running and have a normal life again I am reminded just how boring running can be. Maybe it was just one of those days and tomorrow will be easier, but then again maybe the road just goes on forever.
Q: Who sings the song that today's title refers to? Hint: The line ends with "and the party never ends." First one to answer correctly wins the honor of being the first person to answer correctly.

That was neither here nor there (which by the way, what does that mean. If something is not here nor there, then where is it?) But I digress.
Today: Lifted Chest and Back muscles then ran 5.5 miles in 40 mins.

Top 5 Songs to Jam on your Ipod while running:
1. Anything off the Footloose Soundtrack (pick any of them)
2. Almost anything by Fallout Boy (most of their songs are awesome)
3. Into the Night by Santana feat Chad Kroger (the guy from Nickelback)
4. Jump (For my love) by The Pointer Sisters (When I hear this song I think of the scene in the movie 'Love Actually' where Hugh Grant is dancing around his house while jamming this song. It is just a fun song, and something fun can go a long way when facing the boring monotony of running)
5. ABC by The Jackson 5 (Just a good song)
Honorable Mention:
Rage Against the Machine
Rise Against
(Both are good, angry, I wasn't hugged enough by my father kind of music)
Note: I don't fall into the above description but angry music is good to get you pumped up sometimes.
I know my #1 and #2 answers weren't songs but rather albums but I challenge anyone to put on a Footloose CD and see how long you can listen to it before you need to hit the next button.
(And FYI you would hit the next button 2.5 times; Waiting for a Girl Like You by Foreigner, Almost Paradise by Ann Wilson and Mike Reno, and half crap credit point for Somebody's Eyes by Karla Bonoff) And if you have an Ipod and don't have Footloose or Fallout Boy on it, you need to.
That's all I got, I'm out. The lame debate is on.

2 comments:

Goes On Runs said...

top gun album!!!!

Anonymous said...

Robert Earl Keen?