Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A bit of rambling...

Well again, it has been a while. I have still been training but I was slacking on the blogging about it. Day light savings was this past weekend and I might as well call in Bud’s training light savings. I hate being awake in the morning and it still be dark outside. Getting up when it is still dark outside sucks. Staying awake and actually exercising while it is still dark outside… impossible. But now the sun is awake when I am and things are happy. From personal experiences of not seeing sunlight for days upon days, it is amazing what sunlight makes on our body clocks. I am staying up later, waking up earlier and I am feeling less tired then I did before. The Sun Rocks.
Anyways, this weekend the wifey’s best friend (or besty or BFF) flew into town. It was mainly a social visit, but she is an interior designer, so we put her to work. The weekend was spent taping, painting, buying curtains, hanging curtains, buying more throw pillows and then more painting. Luckily I didn’t have to be involved for all of it (namely the pillows and curtains, we have a lot of pillows) and I even was allowed to go to a college football game. The local team UCF (University of Central Florida) is pretty smart. They aren’t good just smart. And many other smaller and equally sucky schools have figured this out too. They know they aren’t going to ever be played on prime time or on a station other than local access if their games are the same times as everyone else. So they wised up and started playing college football on Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights. UCF played East Carolina on Sunday. Both teams sucked but I had fun.

Ok, new topic real quick… No that wasn’t a typo earlier. I said EAST Carolina. My map only has North and South Carolina, but no East on it. When I asked where East Carolina was I was told, just next to West Carolina but a bit more East. Seriously?!? East Carolina? I guess that isn’t as bad when there are schools like San Diego State or Chicago State University. Since when are San Diego or Chicago states?? Now I have Aztec pride and have a SDSU Diploma mounted on my wall (not mine though) but come on. San Diego isn’t a state but at least it is real. There is a San Diego. I can google it and look in up on a map. There isn’t an East Carolina. I can not look it up or google it. East Carolina? Seriously?? Ok soap box complete.

Anyways work outs…I got a book yesterday about how to train for multisport events. It should help me focus and better define a training plan. Right now my training plan is run, bike and swim as long and as fast as I can and eventually build up enough endurance and speed to finish an Ironman. That might not be the best training plan. Hopefully this book will help.
And here it is, today’s top 5: In honor of the elections I figured I would politically charge today’s top 5…
Reasons YOU should NOT vote:
1. It makes my vote more important
2. Most people are too stupid to know what they are voting for (that statement doesn’t exclude myself, but that doesn’t matter because of #1)
3. You probably don’t understand the electoral college and feel like you vote REALLY doesn’t matter because of it. For those of you who want to understand it better google “History of electoral college” and learn a thing or two. Or check out http://www.fec.gov/pdf/eleccoll.pdf
4. You think both candidates suck and really wish there was a choice of ‘neither’ on the ballot. If ‘neither’ wins both parties should elect a new candidate.
5. You are Katie Couric-ish and plan to move to Canada if your candidate loses. If this is the case don’t waste out time, don’t vote and move to Canada NOW! I am still waiting for her to move to Canada BTW…
Honorable mention:
You have a fear of public places (agoraphobia) and there isn’t online voting (yet).
You don’t want to give into the man and validate and contribute to the corruption involved in American politics. (If this is you, please refer to #1)

1 comment:

GW said...

Dude, I had no idea you were a blogger! You're pretty stinking funny. Look forward to reading more.