Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A review...

So I have been busy the past few days. Let me fill you in.
Today my work had a card board (one word?) boat race. I had no idea what that was until now. I got voluntold that I was a rower for the team. So my buddy and I figured CHPs would be our theme for this year. He was Ponch and I was John from the late 70's show CHPs (California Highway Patrol). But our CHP was Combat Hardened People; he is an Afghanistan Vet. Here is me and jose as Ponch and John...

And this is what a boat race looks like...

And here are the other boats sinking...

We ended up getting second place in our heat for the fastest boat, but we took first place in the most laps (without sinking) in 10 mins. It was a fun race.

And also this past weekend the in-laws were in town visiting. I would call him papa-bear but he is more of a bull guy then a bear guy so let's call him papa bull. Papa Bull works for a company that has seminars from time to time at various locations throughout the US. Well when Papa bull saw there was one in Orlando he and Mama bull (ok I am done with the bull names) came out for a visit. The wifey's dad spend the day time in seminars and the wifey and her mom were shopping. Ok, they didn't shop everyday. One day we all sat out by the pool at the Ritz Carlton. The company doesn't skimp on accommodations. So I swam laps at the Ritz Carlton’s 50m resort style swimming pool. Ahh the swimming lap of luxury. Last night we all went to go see cirque du soleil at Downtown Disney. It was the first cirque du soleil I had ever been to and it really is a circus, just french and way cooler. It was a good chance to show off our house and show them our little world here in FL. And now that they have visited I can show pictures of our newly painted kitchen and living room. Complete with curtains (that I had nothing to do with).
Kitchen then Living Room before...





Kitchen then Living Room after...







And finally a family pic from the weekend...



And we had Veterans Day yesterday. I guess I never realized what a veteran was cause I found myself saying "happy veterans day" to guys and wondering if they were veterans or not. At first I thought veterans were people who had served in the military. But then I thought veterans had to sever in a war. But these days it is hard to be in the military and not be in a war, but still. So I asked around at work and asked the all knowing Google. So for those that don't know a veteran is "one who has served in the armed forces, but usually not someone who had a dishonorable discharge. " According to Wikipedia. Another definition I am fond of is "For dogs of not less than Seven years of age on the first day of the show". That is a quote from http://www.show-dogs.co.uk/ - The UK's premier site for dog showing, dog shows and schedules. So Veterans day in the UK is a day to celebrate dogs over the age of 7?!?
But I think a guy at work said it best (and he heard this from someone else) that a veteran is "someone that wrote a check to their country equal to the value of their life when they volunteered." I think the quote is pretty accurate. So I hope you all had a happy veterans day. I know I did.

So I am still training for something, but not sure what. My sister threw out the NYC Marathon but we will see. I guess I could try to qualify for Boston? Who knows? Top Five today...?
Top Five Reasons I am not doing a top five today...
1. I don't want to
2. I am tired
3. I used all my creativity at the boat race
4. Cause you don't pay me enough
5.

No comments: