Thursday, November 6, 2008

So what do I do now??

So I am a newbie to this insanity called triathlons and the Ironman and tend to make rookie mistakes quite often. Now as you can read directly to the right -----> you will see that the point of this blog was to document my training as I trained for the Florida Ironman next year. Well in the Ironman world, signup for next year's race starts the day after this year's race. so the 2008 Florida Ironman was on Nov 1 and signups for the 2009 (my goal) opened shortly there after. Seeing as how I have never done a single triathlon, I thought it was pretty ambitious to sign up for a full Ironman so soon. I figured I would give myself a bit of time and sign up in the next few months. I know these events can sell out so I didn't have forever... well less than forever turned out to be shorter than expected. The 2009 Florida Ironman sold out in a matter of hours. I recently bought concert tickets for a Fall Out Boy concert in December... and they didn't even sell out in hours like the Ironman did. Could it be that Ironman > Fall Out Boy? This thing is more popular than your senior prom queen. I knew there were crazy people in this world but a few hours?!?
So now begs the big question? So now what? With no 2009 Florida Ironman what do I do now. I don't know. I haven't figured it out yet. I guess I will just keep working out and keep looking.
Peace out.

1 comment:

Goes On Runs said...

new york city marathon!!!