Thursday, January 15, 2009

Working out, or it is called working in…

Yesterday -530 alarm goes off again.  But baby its cold outside.  Way too cold outside… so I stay in a workout. Push-ups, thera-band exercises.  Not too difficult but still a good start to a cold morning.  
Boring meetings all day at work, but I ran the Uncle Julio UCF death run…or “adventure run” if I am trying not to scare the kids. 
 I ran this run last week with “Uncle Julio”. That isn’t what we call him since he out ranks me but for the blog world the name will work.  Anyways, Uncle Julio took me on a UCF trail run, but every so often he would stop and do push ups, sit ups and even a dirt hill climb. The hill is say 30 ft tall and pretty steep soft footed dirt.  When we get to the dirt hill we ran up it 3 times.  Well I ran up it 3 times, he went up 3 times.  Bygones, point being it is a fun little 3 mile run.  So I ran it yesterday but without Uncle Julio and without the adventure part. It was just a trail run. 3 miles-ish in 24 mins.  Heart monitor again said my heart rate was at 96% and that I should have probably died, but I didn’t…VICTORY!!!

Alarm goes off today and I decided to sleep in so I would be more fun. The wifey and I (super dog) and Capt Cueball's family are driving up to Savannah, GA for the MLK break.  Should be fun.  I am planning on still working out, but we will see. It is supposed to be cold.  Good luck.  But I did go to physical therapy today.  More back stretches by Tom. I am counting that as a workout today.  

Back by popular demand... today's top 5...

Top 5 bands you never heard of but should.

1.      Jack's Mannequin

2.      Hey Monday

3.      The Cab

4.      Mayday Parade

5.  The Academy Is...

2 comments:

Goes On Runs said...

SHUT UP!!! it is 18 degrees here at the high of the day... don't give me cold. good job running!

Goes On Runs said...

check out copeland and mae. i think they are both florida bands..... (that no one has heard of)