Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Addition to the New Kids Post

Ok, I forgot to mention and people have asked me "how did they sound, now that they are like 100 years old?" Let me tell you.  I think the ones with the pre-pubescent high pitched voice back in the day worked EXTREMELY hard at making their voices sound like teenaged kids.  One in particular, Jordan Knight (the wifey told me his name, I'm not that gay...not that there's anything wrong with that [Seinfeld?]) must have listened to old CDs for months trying to get his 40 year old voice to sound like a 16 year old voice again.  You could tell he was faking it.  Every now and again, you could hear his man voice slip in there but he quickly returned to the voice that made him famous.  I am not even sure how a 40 year old man can make his voice sound like a kids voice (range, pitch, tone...) but somehow that guy did it. 
I guess your WTF moment of today is this:
How can a 40 year old dude make his voice sound like a 16 year old kid's voice?  How does that happen? How do you even train to do that? WTF? Really? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was the triathalon? Gee, I wonder where you get your gift for spelling from? (I give up, I don't know which letter goes after the th).