Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I don't read so good...

So I mentioned before that I have a triathlon this Saturday...well a guy at work, let's call him Capt Reservist (for obvious reason, he is a reservist) is also in the same triathlon.  I mentioned it was on Saturday and he was like "um, no it is on Sunday". I quickly pull out my handy dandy pocket organizer and check. Sure enough, Saturday.  I just checked online and the race is on Sunday. I don't read so good. Numbres were always touhg. Sometimse I swicth around numbers and such. Regradless, the race is on Sunday.  
1500m swim, 40Km bike, and 10k run.  Or for those in America... just under a mile swim, 22mile bike ride and a 5.5 mile run. We hold on tightly to the Imperial system, don't we?
Well just like my sister's blog started off about her and her running shoes, and she probably doesn't know when the last time she ran was... this blog started off to track my training for the Florida Ironman.  But, that dream will have to be put on hold. It seems there is a war going on in Afghanistan and I am the only person in the world that can save the day.  Sarcasm? So in about a month I will be, yet again, deploying but to Afghanistan this time.  After this deployment I will have been to every front line the Marine Corps has.  Iraq...check, Horn of Africa...check, Islamic terrorist cells in Indo-China...check, War in the pacific...check, Kuwait...check.  I think the only thing I am missing is south america and no one really cares about SOUTHCOM right now.  Oh but we will. Give it 10-15 years, and I guarantee South America will be the new Iraq... just guessing. But I digress. 
So I am deploying in about a month and I will be there for six months.  So there we are. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle... G.I. Joe!!
And tonight's random question...
What was your favorite childhood toy/tv show?  Mine would be G.I. Joe or Thundercats.  Although I have to admit, I had quite a collection of Transformers too.  What say you?

PS: If you read this but don't provide input in the form of comments/answers to my questions then you suck. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked He-Man/She-Ra, Punky Brewster, Garfield, and My Little Pony. I'm sure I liked other TV shows, but that is about all that I can remember until the Saved by the Bell years. :) By the way, did you purposely misspell some of those words?

Anonymous said...

I really liked Strawberry Shortcake, and I also enjoy forcing it onto my child... why else would we have them, right?! By the way, are you still doing the race on Sunday? You know that's the Lord's Day- right???

Goes On Runs said...

jem.... just kidding. but i did dig her hair circa my early twenties. let's see... smurfs. fraggle rock. garfield.

GW said...

I would have to say He-Man and Transformers were my favorite. I watched the Thunder...Thunder...Thunder...Thundercats Ho!! But we didn't really have the toys. Here's one though. Voltron. Oh yea, I just stepped in the way-back machine and way back in time to the dawning of Japanimation. Anyone remember Voltron? Mechanical Cats that you ride in with lasers coming from their paws and, when you really run up against a super villain, they join together to form a gianormous robot with a sword that comes out of nowhere. It was awesome!

Real Life Super Man said...

Yeah, I remember Voltron...it was the Power Rangers before the Power Rangers were the Power Rangers. Think about it...robot cats shooting laser form together to form a super robot. Sound familiar?

I must agree though with Smurfs, Fraggle rock and garfield. I watched Punky Brewster but mostly because my sisters watched it. I can still blame them for stuff like that right?

Anonymous said...

Well, it's taken me awhile to get to all of your entries, but I certainly don't want to suck, so... I got to play with the new toy on the market - Barbie. Yep, I'm old enough to have had the first one with dark hair and the black and white strapless bathing suit. Little Rascals was a fun tv show, but we didn't watch too much. (Yes, we had tv back then, black and white, but real tv).