Friday, March 13, 2009

I've got the right stuff...baby

Well as embarrassed as I am to admit that I've been once after tonight I will have to admit I've been twice.  New Kids On The Block... they just won't die.  I'm not sure how old these guys are now but they must have some pretty big bills to pay for them to be back on tour after a thousand years of not being in the spot light. 
So, Bud, the second time you have been?  Yes, in third grade I went with my two older sisters.  I don't know how old they were (although I could do the math) or if we were old enough to go by ourselves but I am pretty sure mom and dad weren't there...it was just us kids. And now after like 20 years of therapy to finally put the tragic memories behind me, the wifey drags me back.  
For those that may not know, I have learned that there is a pretty strong market for concert tickets. Long story short, I promised Carrie Underwood Tickets to a good looking girl for her birthday, but forgot to buy them when they went on sale.  Introduction to third party ticket sales, and I realize people charge A LOT of money for concert tickets to suckers who just were too lazy to log onto Ticketmaster.com in a timely manner.  So, now I buy tickets to concerts when they go on sale and re-sell them to suckers, i mean people that were to lazy to log into Ticketmaster.com in a timely manner.  Well, one weekend I had a list of concerts that were going on sale and gave the list to the wifey and had her buy tickets. The guidance I gave her, was if you would want the tickets personally, then buy them. When I returned home, I found out she had not just bought a pair of tickets... she bought 3 pairs.  Each time she checked for tickets the seats just kept getting better and better, so she kept buying and buying.  Little did we know at the time the only other people buying tickets for the concert was people like us trying to make money.  So let's just say the concert isn't sold out and demand has been low. So now I have a pair of tickets that didn't sell and we are going.  That's right. We are Hanging Tough.  Now I have flashbacks of my mom and the PTA mothers doing a dance to the song hanging tough in my head that will take 20 more years of therapy to repress.  
No big deal. Not mad at the wifey. The ticket selling thing has mostly been just for fun and something to do. I lose on a few (NKOTB) and win on a few (Eric Clapton 4th Row at the Hollywood Bowl, awesome rate of return on those tickets) but no worries.  So tonight for our 5th year anniversary we will be going "step by step" to the concert hoping that I "please don't (have to) go, girl".  And yes, those were New Kids Song titles.  
I'm not a proud man, people. Not a proud man.

And instead of a question today I bring you the WTF? moment of the day...
From an actual ad in Japan: (click on picture to see a larger, easier to read version)

Those crazy Japans...

No comments: