Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And I'm Off...

Well for my birthday this year, and yes I was going to finally celebrate it, the Marine Corps decided to give me a six-month all expenses paid vacation. I thought, "sweet!", I could use a vacation after all the hard work I do normally....wait, that's not true. I don't work hard.  

Anyways for my birthday they are sending me on this really cool vacation. Too bad I couldn't bring the wifey, but I sure she doesn't mind.  So my flight to my "mystery destination" leaves this evening...and I am sure it will be some really cool, exotic destination.  

Ok, while most of that was total crap the main point being I fly out tonight (my tonight, not yours) to Kandahar. I made sure to spell that out so people like my dad would know how to spell it.  Even though I think it spells like it sounds, I realize I might be in the minority.  It could also be spelled Quandahar in case you try to look it up at weather.com.  

Anyways, not sure if I will be able to blog and stuff while I am there, but here is to hoping. 

 Today's WTF moment: did you know copy right laws prohibit streaming media from playing outside the USA?  That's right, so I am unable to watch The Unit or The Office because they won't stream the episodes outside the USA.  Lame.  Also, Pandora.com (is like a personalized radio station) won't broadcast to me since I am outside the USA. I think there should be a deployed service member override code. That way I could still see The Unit and The Office.  The best shows on TV. 

Ok, so that wasn't that big a deal....so I can't watch tv on my computer in Kuwait. Get over it dude.

3 comments:

wifey :) said...

Convenient that you say you were going to celebrate your birthday this year. I don't believe that! I'll still celebrate you from afar, though! :) I love you!

marmie/Mimi said...

Happy birthday, angel. Wish you were really in some place cool. Safe travel....God bless and protect you. What a wonderful day for me 28 years ago...my life has been blessed because of it. I love you.

Goes On Runs said...

you are not the prettiest sister!