Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This one has no name... I just call it blog

Well my "wear-it-for-2 weeks" heart monitor showed up today.  Considering the monitor is like the size of a PDA it came in a huge box.  Like 2 shoe boxes taped together, size.  Anyways, they also had to call me and tell me how to set it up.  And as I type this a guy from the monitoring company keeps calling me to tell me to "move the black sensor 1 inch down and 1 inch closer to your sternum".  How does he know that? Big brother is totally watching now.  I should code my blogs for the next two weeks just in case.
The bird flew west at dawn and landed on the edge of the window.  Green Mini-van and 5621...
If you don't know what that means then don't worry. As long as big brother doesn't know, we are all ok...
Snap back to reality (but make believe is so much more fun) oh there goes gravity, oh there goes rabbit (9 Mile reference)... anyways...the heart monitor.
So it is hooked up and it is very fancy.  It can send me text messages from the company and I can send them info on me.  (I should practice my text typing...lol, gr8, rotfl, 4NR, 2nite, INADBIPOOTV, NE14KFC... I promise you those are all real text message shorthands...  http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php) Anyways...The last monitor only had me hit an "event" button when I felt something, but this one lets me enter how I feel and at what activity level the feeling occurred at.  So, if my heart rate starts beating 198 bmp when I am bench pressing (as it did today) I can tell them that my activity level was moderate even thought my pulse was very high.  So for the next two weeks I will wear this piece of advanced technology (you can thank the space program for it) and we will see what develops.  
Today I went for a run and whenever my heart rate got too high I would stop and let it slow down then keep running. I was running at an 8:30 pace which isn't that fast. More of a jog if you will.  So when the heart rate monitor hit 180 I would stop.  The weird thing is, when I was doing pull-ups and stuff after I stopped running my heart rate was still like 175ish... it was like I never even stopped running.  Who has a heart rate of 177 while doing pull-ups?  Even better question...who has a heart rate of 198 while lifting weights?  Huh?  For a good description of what I think is up with my heart read:
Anyways, today's question is...
what was the coolest place you have ever traveled to?
I would say the island of Kauai was the coolest place I have been to.  The Na Pali coast line hike was so cool.  My fav place i've been so far in life.  What say you?
- ARSM out

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably Bryce Canyon is right up there in the cool places along with Ipanema Beach in Rio and the Cristo Mt. (forgot the real name). Lots of places still on my bucket list....Kaui is one. So glad somebody is watching you...you're one wild and crazy dude. Can't wait to hear what HE says about your heart.

Anonymous said...

Tahiti or Spain, although Kauai was awesome. We should go some day to both places. Anywhere with you is fun, though. (I'm supposed to say that, right? Just kidding.. love you!)

Anonymous said...

That what makes you my favorite daughter in law! If only I knew how to get into your facebook...hmmm, Dennis will have to help me with this one...he learns lots of stuff before I do....love you, too.

Goes On Runs said...

i would simply like to go to hawaii... since ALL of my family has been now. coolest place i've been..... ireland. and of course, since i'm a city person, i do love paris!!! but i would love to go to kaui.... i would love to go with my mom and sister-in-law! a girls' trip would be awesome!!!